1) Standing on a Beach - The Cure
2) Graceland - Paul Simon
3) She Hangs Brightly - Mazzy Star
4) Tindersticks - Tindersticks
5) The Elephant's Baby - Clare Fader
6) Ella and Louis - Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong
7) So - Peter Gabriel
8) The Joshua Tree - U2
9) Discography - Pet Shop Boys
10) Breakfast in America - Supertramp
11) Chronicle Vol. 1 - Creedence Clearwater Revival
12) The soundtrack to Dirty Dancing
13) The soundtrack to Magnolia
14) Appetite for Destruction - Guns n' Roses
15) Cosmic Thing - B-52s
I would like to see a VAT applied to every consumable. That way big corporations who have to buy tons of raw materials, equipment, etc have to pay taxes, because they sure as shit aren't paying them now.
That way, if you choose to spend more money, you choose to pay more taxes. I think it would be a better revnue generator than the stupid system we have now that is skirted by big corporations and rich people.
When I lived in London in 1996 I think I went about a week without internet access (I used to go to cyber cafes). I think that might be the longest I have gone without the internet since I got online in 1994. I might have gone 8 or 9 days while I was backpacking in Belgium, Holland, France and Spain. But definitely it is during that trip where I had the least amount of internet access.
I would charter a jet, and go to:
1) Napa, CA and eat at The French Laundry for dinner.
2) Fly to Tokyo and spend a night wandering the streets of the city, eating ramen & yakitori, taking in sights, singing some karaoke.
3) Fly to Bejing and go to The Forbidden City, and eat weird street food.
4) Fly to Rome and go to The Vatican to see the Sistene Chapel and eat dinner at La Pergola.
5) Fly to Paris, visit the Musee D'Orsay, get some amazing cheese somewhere and get some amazing pastry somewhere and go to L'Ambroisie for dinner.
6) Fly to London, see a weird play, go to the British Museum and go to Simpson's Tavern for dinner.
7) Fly to Las Vegas gamble in the high stakes room at The Wynn and then go eat at Burger Bar.
8) Fly back home to LA.
You are all welcome to join me.
Your result for The Which Shakespeare Play Are You? Test...
You scored 65% = Tragic, 20% = Comic, 23% = Romantic, 38% = Historic
I wouldn't ban any books from anywhere. I read some weird shit when I was a teenager (hahaha maybe that's what happened) and I'm glad I got the chance to learn about all sorts of concepts (like lesbianism, drugs, slavery, poverty to name a few) and figure out what they all meant. People today are ignorant fools who don't read. It's horrible.
Embed won't work.
I just love this scene. It's perfect. I wish I could find a video that goes another 20 seconds where he lifts her up and takes her "to the bed". I might look for it later when I get to work.
It might have to be Ronny Cammareri from Moonstruck as played by Nicolas Cage. I thought of so many different books, movies & TV shows (there's Atticus Finch but he'd be soooo serious; there's Leonard from The Big Bang Theory - he'd be a close second to Ronny, but Lenard's not damaged enough; there's Harry Bosch - he's certainly damaged enough for my tastes) but I think the one character that has always sort of spoke to me in this weird way is Ronny Cammareri from Moonstruck. It's such a beautiful, damaged and wonderful character. I would fall in love with him in one day as well, just like Loretta.
You Think Emotionally
Your brain works best when you are able to really get passionate about something.
You like to feel connected to whatever project you are working on. You crave meaning.
You work to bring people together, and you're always thinking of a way to compromise.
You believe that the only way to get things done is to have everyone in harmony.
Your result for The Social Persona Test (What kind of man/woman are you?)...
The FemiNazi (NLAF)
Normal Liberal Alpha Female
Okay, let's face it. Some people wonder why you don't melt when you go swiming. However, alpha females are so rare that a little witchy-ness is worth it. You likely have strongly held convictions and care about society, politics, and the world at large, which only increases your attractiveness. Like everyone must do, just keep in mind that you may not have all the answers. Despite a difference in interests, The Lord of the Misfits is best for you, as you would never be able to put up with the Frat Boy (NLAM).
(PS: I am looking to rename this category. People are taking it too seriously. Any suggestions?)
You are more NORMAL than QUIRKY.
You are more LIBERAL than TRADITIONAL.
You are more DOMINANT than PASSIVE.
When picking a date, consider: The Lord of the Misfits (QLAM)
(Image from Archives.gov)